Crowley and Aziraphale’s New Year’s resolutions
Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett present New Year’s resolutions of the demon Crowley and the angelic Aziraphale — characters in their collaborative novel, Good Omens.
Resolution #1: I must accept that Super-Gluing valuable coins to the sidewalk and then watching events from a nearby café is not proper demonic activity.
Resolution #2: The same applies to rearranging the letters on wayside pulpits.
Resolution #3: Try to come up with something as good as cell phone ringtones, following one last stab at convincing Downstairs that cell phone ringtones are right up there in the whole Human Misery stakes. And iPods. Has anybody Down There even said thank you for iPods? Or “Googling yourself?” Frankly, I deserve some kind of award for “Googling yourself.”
Resolution #4: I must encourage greedy people to use the term, “Low-hanging fruit,” because that’s just like old times.
Resolution #5: This year, I will get a desk near the window.
Resolution #6: I will try to understand why Hell is a no-smoking area. I just think it’s ridiculous having to stand around outside the gates, that’s all.
Resolution #7: On the orders of Head Office I will encourage the belief in Intelligent Design, because it upsets everyone.
Resolution #8: Stop Googling myself.
Resolution #1: Spread peace and love and glad tidings of great joy throughout the world. Also try to get out more.
Resolution #2: I will be charitable to people who use the term “core values,” however difficult this may be.
Resolution #3: Notwithstanding Resolution #2 (above), I will redouble my efforts to have the utterance of the phrase “core values” classified as a deadly sin. I believe Himself is with me on this one.
Resolution #4: I will try to be nicer to the customers. They want to buy books; I want to sell them. It can’t be that hard. (Memo to self: Regular opening hours? Mark prices on books?)
Resolution #5: I will try to be polite to Gabriel, no matter what the provocation.
Resolution #6: Find out exactly what an “Internet” is.
Resolution #7: Really must resume dancing lessons. Learn the “Galloping Major,” the “Gay Gordons,” the “Mashed Potatoes.” Possibly even the “Twist”?
Resolution #8: Thwart Infernal Wiles (ongoing).
Resolution #9: I will try to understand why Heaven is a non-smoking area.
Resolution #10: On the orders of Head Office I will encourage the belief in Intelligent Design – despite the fact that the human airway crosses the digestive tract. Who thought that was intelligent?
Resolution #11: Feed the ducks.Gaiman and Pratchett
- drcalvin likes this
- beyondwahtyousee likes this
- circeking reblogged this from mylittlewickedways
- sarahgotbored likes this
- crowley-is-a-babe likes this
- teacakedetective reblogged this from mylittlewickedways
- teacakedetective likes this
- haldamiri reblogged this from mylittlewickedways
- moniqueriggs likes this
- quakerlass likes this
- swamui9 likes this
- biger934 likes this
- zuko911 likes this
- deerspeak likes this
- tomibunny likes this
- sururuko reblogged this from nudityandnerdery
- smallworldatlarge likes this
- yi-bin likes this
- tesseralharmonica likes this
- blissandzen likes this
- sapphyreskye reblogged this from annachibi
- formerlyanon reblogged this from annachibi
- daftpansy likes this
- relicts likes this
- angrybatgirl likes this
- nudityandnerdery reblogged this from geekoutwithyourspockout
- speaks-blasphemy-fluently likes this
- annachibi reblogged this from geekoutwithyourspockout
- annachibi likes this
- princessmeanypants reblogged this from geekoutwithyourspockout
- geekoutwithyourspockout reblogged this from mylittlewickedways
- geekoutwithyourspockout likes this
- mylittlewickedways posted this